At Nexia Friedman, your business is our business… and your success is our success. Our multidisciplinary team of business consultants provide practical solutions to solving our clients’ most complex business problems. Working together, we create value and support the future growth needs of the business. We have developed a strong industry focus and a hands-on approach that brings solid results.
Valuing a business in today’s complex and demanding environment requires more than basic accounting knowledge. Rules of thumb and estimates alone cannot be relied upon to determine the value of a business comprised of traditional assets as well as intellectual property, technology and other intangible assets.
Our Chartered Business Valuators (CBVs) have extensive experience in providing valuation services to both public and private companies in a wide array of industries. Our professionals are involved in mandates ranging from litigations, mergers and acquisitions to corporate reorganizations for tax, estate and succession planning. We also perform goodwill and intangible asset fair value measurement and annual impairment tests pursuant to the recent changes in financial reporting requirements for companies.
Our expertise covers the following:
- Valuations of business interests in a litigation context
- Identification and valuation of intangible assets such as intellectual property, technology and customer lists etc.
- Valuations of business interests pursuant to reorganizations and income tax requirements
- Providing fairness opinions and formal valuations (OSC Rule 61-501)
- Impairment testing for goodwill and intangible assets
- Purchase price allocations (PPA) in the context of an acquisition of assets or shares
- Valuations and pricing for succession planning and inter-generational transfers
- Expansion projects
- Succession planning
- Industry benchmarking
- Strategic consulting
- Government grants & assistance
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Turnaround consulting
- Human resources consulting
- Fraud Investigation
- Litigation Support
- Forensic Accounting
- Insurance Investigations
- Alternative Dispute Resolution